Sunday, November 25, 2012

Say it without saying it

"Show me don't tell me." -6th grade teacher

"How am I supposed to do that?" -student

"I don't know, that's your challenge, not mine." -teacher

I hated it when teachers would try to confuse me. I never could understand what they wanted me to do or what they were looking for. All I wanted was the A in the class and I felt that she was picking on me by making me think harder or holding a higher expectation than other students. I never got to thank her for pushing me to be more, but I will always remember her words, "Impress me."

So how does a person say something without actually saying it? My answer would be capture it. Capture the emotion, capture the message, capture everything you want to say. In advertising, most of this is captured in a picture, and it is said that a picture is worth a thousand words.

SO relating my blog to current things in my life, I struggle with talking too much. I can show a advertisement idea to my class and go-off on a 30 minute explanation of my idea. So I've decided to use this blog as an opportunity to find images that capture more meaning than just an image. 



A mesmerizing attraction that distracts you from everything else in the room. The center of not only the room, but the center of emotions that contains personal memories that it is oblivious to. All it knows is that it is something special in my life.

The fun part is that to some, that saying could be for the tree. For others, it is about the child standing in front of the tree or the angel watching over the room. There is no right or wrong here, just perception.

Shoot, there I go talking again.





Perception. Oh, one of my favorite words!





I wont even speak for these picture but I know they can been seen in many different ways. I leave you today with a something a guest speaker in one of my classes told us, "You're uniqueness is your point of view and perception. It is yours and no one else's and thats is what makes you stand out."

No comments:

Post a Comment