Monday, October 22, 2012

My Brain Works




It has come to my attention that I have been writing my blog all-wrong lately. So I apologize for the long, paper like essays I have previously written.

            Have you ever been asked, “If you could ask God one question, what would it be?” I feel like most people’s question change as they experience more and grow up. However, my question has remained the same for about 15 years now. I remember writing it in my journal in elementary school, although most of the spelling was wrong at the time, but it is the same question. Why do I think the way I do?

            This question seems simple, easy, and lame compared to some of the other questions that could be answered, but to me, it is more meaningful and personal. I will never know how anyone else thinks about the world, ideas, action, etc. I can only speak for myself. That is one reason I like advertising, because I feel that I can think of ideas in a very unusual way. The tricky part for me is reeling myself back into reality and understanding some people do not think the way that I do.

            My ideas, as most I would believe, process faster than I can type or write down. I remember playing a game with my family where I would be given two unrelated objects and had to find a link between them. For example, tree and dolphin: Here would be my answer:

Tree: Trees grow up, but their roots grow down. The roots are what give the tree life because it takes in water and nutrients. Living things need water. The Earth is made of 75% water. Inside the 75% of water are animals that consider the ocean their home. Sea World gives us humans who live on land insight into the animals that live in the water. You can swim with animals that live in the water, like dolphins. =Dolphin

            A far-fetched imagination can be beneficial to creative advertising ideas. This is why I am talking about this because this one process advertising creatives can take. To me, there is no such thing as “getting stuck,” it is more about what’s the next connection. Plus, if you are passionate about finding the answer, you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment